e-District is one of the twenty seven Mission Mode Projects under National e Governance Plan (NeGP) with the DIT, GOI being the nodal ministry. This project aims at providing support to the basic administrative unit i.e. “District Administration” by undertaking backend computerization to enable electronic delivery of high volume citizen centric government services which would optimally leverage and utilize the three infrastructure pillars of State Wide Area Networks (SWAN), State Data Centers (SDC) and RTPS to deliver services to the citizen at his doorsteps.
The objectives of the e District Mission Mode Project are to ensure the following:
• Undertake backend computerization of District and Tehsil level offices to ensure electronic delivery of high volume citizen centric services at the district level.
• Efficient delivery of services with improved Service Levels by undertaking extensive Business Process Re-Engineering of identified services.
• Development of applications to be hosted at the State Data Centers for delivery of services.
• Delivery of all public services at District/ Sub District level in electronic form through State Portals by using the State Service Delivery Gateways.
• Providing easy, anywhere and anytime access to Government Services (both Information & Transactional) to ensure reliability, efficiency, transparency and accountability.
• Reducing number of visits of citizens to a Government office / department for availing the services and there by eliminating harassment.
• Reducing administrative burden and service fulfillment time & costs for the Government, Citizens & Businesses.
• Reducing direct interaction of citizen with the Government and encourage ‘e’- interaction and efficient communication through portal.
Beltron is the nodal agency to implement e-District in Bihar. The Information Technology Department is implementing this Project on the “Service Plus” Framework, developed by NIC.Service Plus is metadata based, configurable, open source based, web enabled service delivery & Grievance management software. This service delivery portal can be used by citizens to query, apply for, track and lodge grievance against a service and by government to configure any service.
Department Of Information Technology, Government Of Bihar has a state wide network providing a host of services over the network. One of the critical services being provided is the email service. We are in the process of rationalizing the myriad of e-mail addresses offered by DIT. The growth of the network services had been going on at an explosive rate and the time has come for stream lining of the e-mail services by adopting a single virtual e-mail server for the whole state and achieving address resolution in such an environment. The present Version 1.0 of the “Department Of IT (GoB) Policy on format of e-mail Address” is a step in that direction.